Well to me the processes of aging are all those destructive processes that we all have to accept as we grow older. It goes pretty well from birth to about when you’re 40, but after cresting that hill, it’s a slow descent to the “sinkhole of frailty”.
That’s when we start losing bone and muscle mass and possibly even our minds as we get older and older. You even lose your dignity, but by the time that happens, you just don’t care anymore! That’s a bit of dark humor but it’s true. Everyone of us is getting older and you have to ask yourself this: “Do I want to age gracefully or disgracefully?”.
With that in mind, let me share with you a couple of important ways you can slow down and reverse some of the destructive processes of aging.
Take Care Of Your Bodies
Have you ever noticed that some people take better care of their cars than their own bodies? And, have you noticed that if you don’t take car of your car, it can look even older that it really is?
The same is true with the human body… Your body. Haven’t you seen how some people look older than their chronological age while others look younger? What’s up with this apparent discrepancy?
As Americans we spend more money on health care than any other nation on the planet, yet if we look at it, we rank among the bottom of the list for good health, we’re 37th on the point. At the same time, we’re dying too young. Did you know that 76 years old is our current life expectancy in the united states? For me at age 55 that’s only 21 years left!
The New England Journal of Medicine tells us that for the first time in recorded history our youngest generation has the shortest projected life span than the generation before that. Now, for clarification, we as parents will actually live longer than our children. That’s because, scientists believe, that the major contributors are bio-mental exposures and lifestyle choices.
Improve Your Quality Of Life
What this means is as a society we’re not only reducing our own quality of life, we are setting the stage for our children to have more disease and die earlier than we will and yet for most of us we think of aging as an outward appearance and obsess with beauty which has caused us to really neglect what really matters.
Headlines from Time magazine, Newsweek and U.S News and World report are warning us where we are heading if we don’t do something now. But why are so many people enjoying the good life well into their hundreds without disease or disabilities?
Is it our genes? If my dad had heart disease aren’t I at risk of having the same? Aren’t we all prisoners of our genes? Well the truth is this. The human genome study has taught us that our health is determined by 2 things: our genes and our environment, but that only 20% of who we will be is determined by our genes and the other 80% by our environment.
I call this “bathing your genes” so where’s the proof that we’re not prisoners of our genes, That we can extend not only our life span but also our health span that is those years without sickness and disability.
The answer resides on four zones on the globe where people live well into their hundreds four hot spots of longevity: Sardinia, off the coast of Italy, the Japanese island of Okinawa, a community in Loma Linda, California and lastly in the Nicoya peninsula of Costa Rica.
Part Of It Is In The Genes
Now it’s important to note here that none of these groups are genetically linked, they have no similar ancestry but each share similar lifestyle characteristics. So it goes beyond the phrase aging gracefully now we need to consider aging as a disease, one that leaves us to reside in nursing homes, doing knee replacement exercises, forgetting our own names and living miserably for the last 20 years of our lives with pain and more medication than what was meant to be in our bodies.
So what can we do about it? Are we prisoners of our own destiny or is there a way to reverse the master clock of life. so what if there was a way, a way to suppress cancer cells , a way to remove toxins from our body, a way to control bio markers of health and heart disease and stroke, a way to inhibit cells from dying prematurely, a way to promote stabilization of those vital bodily enzymes and hormones that are necessary for life.
So let’s get started, let’s see how we can reverse the aging process from a scientific and sociological perspective.