Cleveland Clinic is an academic medical centre that is managed by doctors. Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit organization which has a lot of rewards, and years of experience. Highly qualified staff of the best professionals is the pride of the Cleveland Clinic. The Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute is responsible for cardiac procedures performed at the Cleveland Clinic. It is the largest cardiovascular centres in the U.S.
Why is it better to choose Cleveland Clinic for cardiac procedures?
All of the doctors, nurses, and technicians have the best educational qualifications and members of professional organizations. Millions of people have been already treated at the Cleveland Clinic. These professionals have had years of experience in treating heart diseases.
Any prospective or current patient has the most up to date information to choose the best option for the treatment necessary.
The Cleveland Clinic is known for many different specialties. One of the most well known is their cardiology program. Patients from all over the world come to middle America to be treated by the best.
What are the cardiac procedures performed at the Cleveland Clinic?
The type of cardiac procedure performed depends on the illness needed to be cured. The Cleveland Clinic offers the following services:
1. Achalasia treatment. Three procedures may be used for achalasia diagnostic. They are: manomenty, endoscopy, and barium swallow. The next procedures are used for achalasia treatment: medication, surgery, and balloon dilation. Medication is the best option for those who can be cured with the help of surgery and balloon dilation. Botox injections are used for this purpose. Balloon dilation is a non-invasive method. The last possible way is traditional surgical approach;
2. Aneurysm treatment. Traditional open surgery is performed in this case;
3. Aorta related diseases treatment: aorta surgery, complex aorta surgery, valve preserving surgery, heart surgery, surgery for thoracic aortic aneurysm, abdominal aortic aneurysm treatment;
4. Coronary artery disease. Cardiac catheterization is used for disease evaluation, while interventional procedures aimed at coronary artery disease treatment;
5. Atherosclerosis Atherectomy
6. Atherosclerosis Endarterectomy — plaque is removed from the blood vessel by means of open surgery;
7. Bronchoscopy ;
8. Bypass surgery is a method of treatment for coronary artery;
9. Cardioversion is used for restoring heart rhythm and rate to normal;
10. Carotid artery aneurysm surgery;
11. Sclerotherapy is used for varicose veins treatment;
12. Thoracentesis or pleural fluid analysis
13. Heart Failure Surgery — the following procedures belong here: heart transplant, coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery, valve surgery;
14. Catheter ablation is a treatment for cardiac arrhythmia or dysrhythmia;
15. Mediastinal surgery — several types of procedures form mediastinal surgery. They are: biopsy procedures, surgery approaches including surgery with minimal invasion;
16. Lifevest is a special garment that is aimed at controlling patient’s heart rhythm;
17. Pacemaker implant is a defibrillator that creates electrical impulses to the heart in order to support necessary heart rhythm;
18. Endovascular Grafting is way of aortic aneurysm treatment that is minimally invasive;
19. Atrial Fibrillation — this is not normal heart rhythm that is usually treated by means of surgery or robotically-assisted catheter ablation;
21. Endovenous Thermal Ablation — modern laser technology used for venous diseases cure;
22. Lung volume reduction surgery
23. Valve repair
24. Vein ligation and stripping
25. Video-assisted thoracic surgery is also a modern way of surgical treatment with minimal invasion;
26. Robotically assisted atrial septal defect repair
27. Robotically assisted coronary bypass surgery
28. Robotically assisted heart surgery
29. Robotically assisted removal of cardiac tumors
30. Robotically assisted mitral valve repair
31. Robotically assisted tricuspid valve repair
32. Robotically assisted patent foramen ovale removal
33. Pulmonary vein ablation procedure also called pulmonary vein antrum isolation;
34. Lead Extraction — two approaches are used for this: subclavian and femoral
36. Subfascial endoscopic perforator surgery for chronic venous ulcers treatment
37. Valve transposition for venous disease
38. Visceral artery aneurysm surgery
39. Percutaneous and endoscopic interventions
All of the cardiac procedures performed at the Cleveland Clinic are the best in the U.S. Before becoming a patient of a clinic, it is necessary to find out whether patient is an appropriate person for a particular service.
Patients will be asked to provide all of the information regarding any previous diseases and/or medications you’ve had. Also important is any info about allergies to anything including some medications. In some cases it is obligatory to take X-rays, MRIs, or, do some lab or other tests to check your health status.
Any patient is free to ask as many questions as needed. The professionals at the facility are among the most knowledgeable in the world and are very patient focused.